Saturday, December 5, 2009

New makeup techniques?

so here's a fun opportunity for my fellow makeup freaks to put in their 2 cents -- I've gotten bored with my usual lid, brow, crease routine for my every day look. I mean, it always looks good but I seem to be stuck in a rut... Anyone have any new techniques you'd like to share??New makeup techniques?
YES!!! Oh how I love new techniques. So heres what I do.








I wear a thick black liquid eyeliner and do a sweep up at the end (ala retro style), then I take a dark BRIGHT color, maybe turquoise and put it on up to my crease, and then follow the eyeliner sweep outside of my actual lid. Then I take a thin brush and, in the corner on top of the crease, I add another crazy color that will match, say purple or pink. But I make it a light shade. Then I get a white translucent shimmer powder and fill in the arch of my brows, so that it has a shimmer look. It highlights the brows well.








as for under my eyes, after I curl my lashes and apply mascara, I take the tip of a pointed eyeshadow brush, and get some shimmery dark black shadow and use it as eyeliner for my bottom lid. Under the lashes. It gives that smokey heroin chic look.New makeup techniques?
Hey, I know how it is, I get super bored and am always looking for ways to change up my techniques and makeup styles.


Youtube is a big help.





Have you tried cutting the crease?


Not your everyday casual look but it definitely looks fierced if done correctly.


You basically just emphasize your crease line by using a black (or whatever shadow) then going from there





Take a look at this tutorial


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxxiLHBqu鈥?/a>
Always curl eyelashes. It makes a significant difference before mascara application. Lipstick is like the shoes or handbags of makeup. Women are more likely to change their lipstick color than any other item of makeup... Choosing the right foundation takes a little more time and effort... It is important to note that some makeup products are made from the same ingredients regardless of cost such as mascaras, lip liners and eyeliners...
Experiment with colors! Sometimes I go neutral on my lid/crease blah blah. Then I wet my eyeliner brush and use a bright shadows, such as blue, and make a very thick eyeliner line, usually only halfway across the lid. Then I take purple (or green, etc), wet it, use it to line the other half of the eye. blend blend blend them together. Then I put a thin line of liquid black. Easy pop of color.


Or do two colors on the lid. Use a neutral on the inner corner and a bright color on the outer. Blend! Use a toned down version of this color in the crease and a neutral on the brow bone.


Or if you're in a rush, just use a bright colored liner under your bottom lashes or on your waterline.





Honestly, color is the way to change it up. Use the technique you know and apply new twists to it.
Try opening up the eye a bit by putting some light coloured eyeliner on your water line and a darker one underneath.


A look that never fails is putting a white eyeshadow on the lid up to the crease and above that a darker eyeshadow, blended well. Finish with some liquid eyeliner.
my favorite is sort a more natural smokey eye.


i use a black kohl pencil and go only along my top lash line, then i just use tempting by MAC (dark, sparkley brown) and put that all over my lid, smudging the kohl.


then mascara. :)
i dont have any eye techniques, but an amazing concealer technique instead!





i have bad dark circles, and if i put a tad of chapstick under my concealer, it makes it last longer and it covers better!
Toucan is a fun new technique to use if you don't mind using a lot of color.
Well theres lots of different makeup techniques on youtube(:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFabAnna
there are a lot of makeup tutorials on youtube you should check out

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting